About Fit Healthy Best
We’re healthy moms today, but we’ve had our fair share of unhealthy moments.
Amber and I both went through periods of unhealthiness during our motherhood. Whether it was extra pounds, low energy, bad eating habits, or just not prioritizing self-care or exercising — we’ve been there.
Now we prioritize exercise and healthy eating so we can be the best versions of ourselves for our kids.
No gimmicks, no fads. Just the basics. That’s what you’ll find at Fit Healthy Best.
All my best,
We want you to get fit, get healthy, and feel your best.
What Fit Healthy Best can do for you:
- Learn the importance of strength training for women and how to get started
- Understand what equipment you need to meet your fitness goals and how to build your home gym within any budget
- Use our library of health, fitness, and nutrition resources to understand how to fuel your body and feel your best
About the Authors
Sarah Bates, Website Editor
I used to be an exhausted mom who wanted to provide more for my kids and feel better every day. By devoting energy to exercise and healthy eating, I’m able to give my kids more every day. Between late-night calls from my toddler and infant, I’m currently studying to be a CSCS (certified strength and conditioning specialist).
I am an avid weight lifter who loves the latest and greatest home gym equipment. I am regularly adding new strength training equipment to our home gym. The products you’ll see recommended on Fit Healthy Best are likely in my home gym or are on the wishlist.
I am a firm believer that every woman should be strength training 3 or 4 times a week. It’s vital for your longevity, your metabolism, your overall health, and the added bonus is that it keeps you fit and trim!
Cheers to strong women and good health!
Amber Nash, Fitness Writer
I have experience as a YMCA certified group exercise instructor and have taught a number of classes, mostly focused on strength training. Now that I’m a mom of 2, I don’t have spare time to teach anymore, so I help Sarah with Fit Healthy Best.
Once those kiddos get a little older, I plan to get back into teaching because I live and breathe for sharing my love of weights with others!
I’ve been relentlessly lifting weights and chasing PRs for over a decade. And, yep, that picture below shows me in my home gym where I get the work done several times a week (check out my YouTube channel where I share videos of my favorite lifts). It doesn’t have to be pretty to be effective!
Strength training is the magic pill that everyone is looking for and I’m here to spread the good word!
Our expertise and work have been quoted in many publications, including, but not limited to:
- Reader’s Digest
- U.S. News & World Report
- Weight Watchers
- My Fitness Pal
- Apartment Therapy
- Thrive Global
- Best Life Online
- Eat This, Not That
How We Make Money
Fit Healthy Best makes money through advertising agreements with partners that share our goal of helping people make better decisions about their health and fitness.
We are extremely diligent about which products and services we recommend that will help you along your health and fitness journey. If you decide to purchase a product or service you find through Fit Healthy Best, we might earn a commission from our partners at no extra cost to you.
Our Editorial Standards
Fit Healthy Best only works with professionals who are established experts or enthusiasts in the world of health and fitness. We offer unbiased information that’s thoroughly fact-checked through science-based research studies, weaved together with knowledge from health and fitness industry professionals.
Our goal here is simple — the content you see here must be backed by proven research, complicated concepts must be distilled to an understandable level, and it must provide as much value to our readers as possible.
How We Review Products
We want you to know that our readers are at the forefront of our minds when we write our product reviews. Here’s our typical process for reviewing products:
- We either own the product or are familiar with the type of product we are reviewing. You’ll only see products relating to health, fitness, and nutrition on our website because that’s where our authors’ experience lies. You won’t see product reviews for pet products or beauty products on our site because we do not claim expertise there.
- If we own the product or a similar product, then we use the product for several months to determine the pros and cons. (You can see that I own many of these types of products by checking out the videos of me working out in my home gym on my YouTube channel.)
- Next, we analyze the reviews on Amazon, YouTube, Forums, Reddit, and from other online reviews to see what users are saying. Amazon reviews are often the best indicator of a product’s real pros and cons. We are consumers just like you so we depend on those Amazon reviews when we make purchases, as well!
- We vet the product information on Amazon thoroughly. We also aim to consult the company’s website to learn more information about the product.
- Next, we consider price and whether or not there are better products at a similar or lower price range. If there is, we aim to recommend these products to our readers.
- Finally, we write our review, with an accurate picture of the positives and negatives of a certain product.
- It’s important to note that we update our products in our review posts on a regular basis. The best nursing sports bra today may not be the same product that it was 6 months ago!
- One other important note is that we DO NOT, under any circumstances, accept payment to place products in our review posts! We receive emails with requests to include products for payment regularly and we decline or ignore these emails. If we seriously believe a product should be included in our list, we may request to test the product before including it in our posts. However, that does not mean the product will be included in our reviews — either temporarily or at all.
- We do accept sponsored posts, but those would be clearly noted for our readers and those would be specific to individual products, not ‘best of’ round-up posts.
Contribute to Fit Healthy Best
I generally research, write, edit, and publish all content on Fit Healthy Best because I am committed to providing accurate, well-written, and interesting content for my readers. However, I am open to unique and helpful pitches if you think you have something extremely worthwhile to share with our audience.
I am specifically interested in hearing from personal trainers, registered dietitians, and other fitness professionals and enthusiasts who are interested in creating content for Fit Healthy Best that will support our mission of helping today’s strong women feel their best. If you still think you have something worthwhile to share, please fill out this contact form.